Tuesday 11 March 2014

Kilmore Quilters HONOUR Quilt with Maree

I have just caught up on our group, Kilmore Quilters, last meeting.
There are about 31 members who are joining in the Honour Quilt Sew a long. Maree's is letting us know the 4 blocks to make each month. She has chosen 49 blocks, size of 6", that she has paired up with a person that passed away in the war. All these people she has chosen are from our local area of Pyalong, Broadford, Kilmore, Wallan etc....
Here are the first 4 blocks.
1E...Ernest Brown

5G...David Crawford

4E...Reginald Stanley Marsh


2B...William Hallet Stockdale

I have decided to continue this years theme of using up my scraps. 
This will be a BLUE scrappy quilt

Have a look at the page HONOUR QUILT 2014 by clicking on the tab at the top of this page. It tells you about the people that Maree has chosen to do a block for that were in the war.


I have found a site that has a linky for WIP's on WEDNESDAY .

So I'm linking up HERE at Freshly Pieced. Go on over and have a look at everyone else's work who has linked up too.

6 comments:

elliek said...

I love your blocks Jo. I love blue so that always helps and I think all the quilts will look amazing.

Melody said...

brilliant work, Jo

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

The blues work really well in it too.

junacreationsuk.blogspot.co.uk said...

Lovely blocks, the blues give it a lovely fresh feel.

genie said...

This is going to be BEAUTIFUL when it is all finished and quilted. Your second block has to be my favorite so far. The mix of blues is lovely.

Gina said...

what a great way to use up your scraps!! my favorite is the second one with the pop of pink and green :)