Wednesday 9 July 2014

Happy Scrappy Houses

When I went to my local quilt group, Heathcote quilters, at Xmas time we were given a special packet.. Included in this pack was a piece of fabric and a house pattern. We were to make the house with our own fabrics as well as using the fabric from the pack. This fabric was to link all of them together so that all the houses were the same. At our meeting 2 weeks ago in June the people who had made a block had their names put in a hat and one lucky person was drawn out. WELL, I am that lucky person. It is my first year in this group so will be a special memory for me. All I have to do now is come up with an idea of how to put them together.
I think I am going to go with Bonnie Hunters Happy Scrappy Houses quilt.
These houses look great and they are so much fun


4 comments:

Sheila said...

Congratulations! Those houses are so cute! I'm a sucker for house blocks.

Ellen said...

Lucky you...those houses are really cute!

dq said...

OH..MY..GOODNESS! Jo, I SO WISH I had participated in this one! I just love love love houses and villages and towns in quilts. Design ideas are literally flying through my head. Thanks for this wonderful post!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Me too! These houses are adorable.