Friday 17 October 2014

FNSI........My test pattern quilt

What I have been doing on my FRIDAY DAY/NIGHT SEW IN
I have been testing a pattern for Jan from The Colourful Fabriholic
 http://thecolorfulfabriholic.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/plus-dash-tutorial-draft-pattern.html

This was the photo of original pattern from Jan

So I decided to go for it today.
I chose to do mine in a neutral colour for a cot quilt size. This way it can be put away for that special little person... It was a great pattern. Very easy to follow. 
And yes, the best part was, it was QUICK, LARGE BLOCKS and EASY.
Jan gives you directions for a variety of sizes. The blocks measure 14" so they go together very quickly. The instructions are easy to follow.
After I cut all my pieces I had left over fabric. Just incase I slipped with the rotary... Haha.....
I did have a few fat 1/8ths in Browns so I used them instead of fat 1/4s. I didn't have any trouble with not enough fabric.


 Here are my blocks cut out and sewn together. I am very happy with the colours.


Time for a break and off to eat dinner......

Back to follow the rest of the directions and here we have a finished cot size flimsy.
I am very impressed with this pattern as I can see how it would adapt to using up scraps or a feature fabric instead of the background. I will be doing this pattern again....


Now when will I get to quilt it.....


Now to see what others got up to tonight check out here......
FNSI with WENDY at





12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dow Jo I love this,well done,my friend.xx

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Jo, thank you for testing my pattern and for your helpful feedback. I love how your version in neutrals turned out! I'm glad you found my pattern and instructions easy to work with. Thank you!
Jan O @ http://thecolorfulfabriholic.blogspot.com/

dq said...

I love browns. This is a wonderful quilt. congrats to you and to Jan who designed it.

Katherine said...

Gorgeous!

Maria said...

Fabulous blocks you made.. Look great in Browns.

Noela said...

Lovely blocks and you were very quick getting it completed. hugs......

barb's creations said...

Lovely quilt top Jo, you were very quick with it :) Barb.

Karen's Korner said...

What a productive time you had. Great quilt.

Kathy S. said...

What a great pattern to test! Your colors are gorgeous with it. Keep up the good work.

KERYN B said...

Jo you were very busy - the quilt looks great. Maybe you could quilt it on the weekend (or will we be to busy talking and eating lol).

Kate said...

Wow that one was quick! It looks great.

Randy Edwards said...

This is really likewise an incredibly beneficial placing most of us severely encountered shopping as a result of. It truly is faraway from each and every day we have now possibility to think about something. test and tag gold coast