Wednesday 18 March 2015

MY HONOUR quilt is finished

I have spent a great deal of time finishing this quilt.


I have my sick grandson, NICHOLAS,  here for a few days and he was being a great helper.
Getting some fresh air before more medicine and a nap. 
He always wants to help so here he is showing off the POPPY backing.  Very suitable for this ANZAC honour quilt. Read more about the story of this quilt by clicking on the tab "HONOUR QUILT 2014" at the top of the page.

I have quilted starting in the centre with a star and working my way out. Boy, did it take ages. I think it was worth it though. I am happy with the finish.

I'm off to the Kilmore Quilters tonight to show it off.

Now to link up with NTT over at



6 comments:

Jindi's Cottage said...

Congratulations Jo...it is amazing, you've done an awesome job - and yes, so worth it doing that star quilting...

Sheila said...

Your quilt and quilting is awesome what a beautiful quilt for a wonderful cause . Your grandson did a great job showing us the backing too :-)

elliek said...

Looks phenomenal. Love the wonky red stars and it showed off really well last night.

Binsa said...

Hi Jo, loved seeing the finished Honour Quilt. Kind Regards, O'faigh

dq said...

Jo, this quilt is just so stunning. I love the red stars and the sampler of blocks.

BizarreQuilter said...

Oh Jo. Such an accomplishment. And the back! Perfect! Where did you go for ANZAC service this year? We were at Bushland Beach dawn service with the children.... very special... xo