Sunday 6 September 2015

Such a great FATHERS DAY weekend


Friday night started out with FNWF,
 http://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com.au/2015/09/sign-up-time.html
And I was quilting 4 quilts for the Heathcote RSL nursing home.
Heathcote Quilters were lucky enough to get a grant to help with the making of these quilts. The RSL wanted about 40 lap size quilts.. Our committee wanted to help and wanted them made quickly.. We only have about 20 members so it was going to be some work. Really.....
Here is what I have done...
 Here it is just all over meandered...


 I had fun with doing this quilting. It is a continuos circle of quilting

I have made these 4 quilts over the weekend. I love the colours. They are all bound. Today I have finished the last binding and sewn in all the ends.
They are backed with polar fleece which isn't my favourite. I wouldn't use these on my projects. They are harder to quilt and work with. Anyway they are done and that has been my weekend.

Now to tell you it really wasn't that hard. These are cheater panels so all I had to do was to piece a border on then baste and quilt them... Easy, easy, easy....
They only measure 42" square.

So that 680" of binding.
Way to go BINDING BLITZ...

And I am linking up with SLOW SUNDAY STITCHING

And another 4 finishes for OPAM

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo you are a amazing to get 4 done i know they are cheaters panels but still getting 4 done in a weekend is awesome,well done my friend xx

Linda said...

Well, so that's the secret of making Dresden plates blocks! Well done on completing four quilts in such a short time. They look great. An impressive amount of binding!

kiwikid said...

Well done Jo they look amazing...I was gobsmacked as to how you got so much done in a weekend until the last paragraph!!! Lol!! Still doing four and binding you must have been really busy all weekend.

elliek said...

No matter that they are cheater panels. They look great.

Cheryl said...

Love the blue and yellow Jo - such pretty colors together. Now even if they are panels, there's still lots of work in making 4 quilts

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

They are amazing massive well done xx

marina said...

WEll done on such a great effort, they are such great panels.

KERYN B said...

All hail the binding queen..what an amazing effort. I nearly fell of the couch when I saw how much is was I would have been looking at it and crying. You do such a great Jo well done.

Sue Niven said...

Beautiful indeed.

Kate said...

That's a lot of quilting and binding for one weekend! Congrats on all the progress for a good cause.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Did you get any time to eat or sleep???? Well done!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You have been really busy! Love the blues and yellows together and your quilting really finished them off nicely

Christine M said...

What a great job you did on those quilts, Jo. They look wonderful.

Deb A said...

Very pretty! Enjoy the binding - one of my favorite parts.

Dawn said...

OMG what a whizz, fancy getting all that done in a weekend. Lovely choice of colours and even if they were panels, you've done an amazing job.

Cath said...

Oh my, that is some sneaky fabric! If you hadn;t blabbed, I would have been none the wiser!! Well done girl, you did a great job :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Wowzer... that's a lot of quilting and binding going on over there! Great job!

Kimberley said...

you are so talented! They are gorgeous.