Saturday 7 November 2015

My stitching day out with a friend


Up nice and early, grab a coffee and hit the road. Through the city peak hour traffic and then we arrive. Yes, e are in Narre Warren East for a Gail Pan & Debbie Busby stitching day.
Here is my friend Nikki happily getting ready to stitch....
Nikki


Here is my friend Nikki happily getting ready to stitch.. She was surprised when I took her photo









Jo & Illene


Then I caught up with the sweet, lovely Illene from
http://retdairyqueen.blogspot.com.au

It's always good to catch up with blogging friends.

It was the first time all 3 of us attended one of these days



Before we opened our goody bags I grabbed a photo with GAIL & DEBBIE BUSBY.


Of course there was a shop to spend 

Beautiful projects designed by Debbie from http://woodenspooldesigns.blogspot.com.au





some of Gail's work for show..


This is my first project I decided to work on. I have not used wool before so this was a great introduction for me....
I decided to start with the wool project for the day instead of a stitchery. There was a choice of patterns to start with. 4 in all. 2 wool kits/patterns were included, 2stitchery patterns were drawn out and you could buy the finishing kits for them. There was also a wool pin cushion for us all. Made by Debbie, a container of lil pins, a reindeer cookie, a pencil with a cotton reel topper and a Xmas ball decoration. We were all very spoilt.
I will add a photo of the contents of my goody bag later when I show my finished elf...


I was going to join in last night with but I was just so tired after I got home.
So my days wool work is what is going to count. 

I know of a few more bloggers going to the workshop so I decided to do this post after they had been.
Shez, Cheryl & Melody will have a great day.
I'm sure there will be lots more photos on their blog.

12 comments:

Narelle said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day ... I look forward to seeing your little elf all dressed up :)

Chris of UK City Crafter said...

Sounds as if you all had a great time, sweet little elf!

Maria said...

Sew lucky to have met Illene and have a fabulous day with her and all the others.. Love the cute elf..

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo ,wow it sure was a great workshop,love the patterns and both Gail and Debbie were so nice,so glad you got to meet Illene xx

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I love Debbie's wool patterns. Thanks for sharing a link to her blog with us. Looks like you guyus had a great day!

Linda said...

Well done. Isn't it lovely to meet up with blog friends?

retdairyqueen said...

It was so nice to meet you and yes it was a great day
Doing a Blog post myself very soon

creations.1 said...

A lovely day enjoyed by you three - always lovely to meet up with like minded bloggy friends!

Melody said...

I went Saturday and it really was a great day

kiwikid said...

Sounds like you had a great day Jo...lovely to meet up with Illene. Will be good to see your goodies.

Christine M said...

Sounds like a great day out, Jo.

Kate said...

Looks like it was a very fun and productive day.