Thursday 5 November 2015

My week away, SILVERTON, NSW

Hubby and I decided to go away in our bus for a few days. We had some business to attend to so thought we would add some time on for a break. Searching for some warmer weather.
Yep, we found it.....
Driving up the highway, look at what you see.
I'm not a fan of snakes. I'm glad the Brown was dead.. 

This is the first time I have seen wild EMU's 
We stopped the car and they looked straight at us

We ventured up to SILVERTON.
This is where the movie MAD MAX was filmed. Along with many other great Australian films.
There are some quirky galleries and also some fun replicas of the cars.
Boy it was warm and I loved every minute of it....


How cute are these DONKEYS....
They came to my car window and greeted us.

The MUSEUM hadn't opened for the day but I'm sure it would have had some great items in there. 

The weird cars and the skeleton driving 

 the fun the fun painting on the dunny door
Of course course there is a hotel and a MAD MAX car

The home of the SILVERTON GHOST TOWN RALLY

My hubby, back in 2002, went here for a bike rally. He has been wanting to take me here for years.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how wonderful Jo,don't like snakes either,enjoy your break my friend xx

KERYN B said...

Looks like a lot of fun Jo and I'm with you the only good snake is a dead one...but hubby did read in the paper the other day there is a $6000.00 fine if you get caught killing one.....I reckon I could nearly get up a sprint if I saw one in the backyard.

Cheryl said...

Such an unusual place Jo. Went there years ago when the kids were little

kiwikid said...

Looks like an interesting place Jo...glad the snake was dead, I am not a fan either. Hope Basil went well.

Sheila said...

Sounds like a fun time , wow that is a very large snake and those emu's are pretty huge too . Love donkeys , they are so sweet . Glad you enjoyed a trip away .

Kate said...

Looks like an interesting place. it's been a while since that first Mad Max movie came out.