Saturday 9 January 2016

FNWF, WIP be gone and some slow crochet....

Last night I joined in with FNWF.

I have finally finished a babies knitted set. Sewed on the ribbon and it's done...

So I have a WIP be gone to show.




I have also been working on this crochet babies shawl. It is growing.
Tomorrow will be a slow Sunday and hopefully I will get the few rounds done that I need to get me up to the lacy edge.
This is where I pulled it out of the cupboard
The start of it

And where I am up to now.
Crochet Baby Shawl centre
This is my January UFO project that is on my list




Ok... Let's go back a while
I sent a parcel to Arlette in Costa Rica back in early October.
Yep $21 to post. It took ages to arrive.... Well guess what.
It NEVER arrived at Arlettes.
It came back to me this week. 
The address is correct. It's post marked September from there. Then it decided to come home to me.
Arlette is following up why.
Arlette's thimbles



20 comments:

kiwikid said...

The baby set is beautiful Jo and you have made wonderul progress on the baby shawl...that is a lot of crichet there!!! Shame the parcel came back to you..hopefully you can find out why.

Melody said...

Love your baby projects. Maybe your parcel is part homing pigeon, very disappointing though

Michelle Ridgway said...

I just adore that gorgeous baby set and your shawl is also beautiful. How worrying for you and disappointing for Arlette.

Author said...

Great to see that you finished the baby set - I love finishing things. Your shawl is growing too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo you make the most beautiful baby items how strange with the parcel xx

Maria said...

What a lovely bright baby set and you are doing really well with the shawl. It would take me a year to knit that much.....enjoy working on it tomorrow..

Sheryl said...

Beautiful baby set Jo, such pretty colours.

Sue Niven said...

Beautiful crochet, I hope they sort out the parcel problem soon.

Janet said...

Pretty baby projects! Mail can be so frustrating sometimes....

elliek said...

The baby crochet colour is gorgeous(as is the crochet!). At least the parcel came back. I am not a fan of Australia post so ....

Denise :) said...

Wow, your crochet work is just beautiful. So sorry about the parcel coming back -- that's no fun for either the sender or the receiver! :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Lovely baby set and blanket! My grandmother was a knitter and made me sweaters, hats, mitts and booties as well as a blanket which was used when I was baptized. I also used it when my daughter was baptized, 24 years ago. Have fun crocheting today!

Deb said...

Baby set is lovely, the baby shawl is just beautiful I have considered making a very similar pattern now I think I will. Oh gosh I have packages come back too, often the item sits in customs for a few weeks either the notice for pickup was lost or not left. I look forward to seeing mre of your work.

Cathy said...

Beautiful baby items.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful baby items. I hope your package eventually gets to where it's going.

Ellen said...

The baby set is so sweet and is certain to be loved and enjoyed. You are making great progress on your goal to finish the crochet blanket!

That is very frustrating about the package.

Käthe said...

Oh was für ein süßes Babyset !
Das könnte ich auch gut gebrauchen für mein Enkelchen.
Liebe Grüße
Käthe

Kate said...

Beautiful baby set! Weird that the return postmark is before the original postmark.

Marcy said...

What sweet baby goodies.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Oh your little baby mittens are precious. Perfect for a wee newborn.