Saturday 31 December 2016

Happy New Year and En Provence Clue 6

After my daughter and her boyfriend and our beautiful grandsons have driven away this morning, heading home, until next time I spend New Years Eve sewing away with Bonnie Hunters Mystery Quilt part 6..... I feel so proud of myself for keeping up with each clue.... I can't wait for the final layout. It is very intriguing.
I did use this tutorial for a bit of help with these quarter square triangles. I am a visual person. There are a lot of tutorials out there. This one actually showed it in the same colour layout as Bonnies. It was easier for me to follow.
http://thecraftyquilter.com/2012/02/quarter-square-triangle-tutorial/

Celebrating NEW YEARS EVE. 
Sewing away on En Provence clue 6 and a healthy snack!!!!!!



All sewn and ready for pressing open and spinning seams

All ready for trimming




I am a sliver trimmer 
All trimmed and finished well ahead of time....


All nicely stored away for the next clue.
Make sure you go over to look here if you want to know what is happening. Over 100 people link up each week to show what they are making. Thousands are sewing along with the mystery....
http://quiltville.blogspot.com.au/2016/12/en-provence-mystery-part-6.html

Here is the link up party for clue 6 & 7 
http://quiltville.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/mystery-monday-link-up-part-6-7.html



En Provence slivers of scraps.   FEED THE BIRDS......

I have been collecting my slivers of scraps and putting them into a bird feeder. I got the idea from Val. Have a look at what Val does.....
http://myplvl.blogspot.com.au/2016/08/extra-thread-is-for-birds-part-2.html


HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE I KNOW AND WHO EVER READS MY BLOG. I CAN ONLY WISH EVERYONE A VERY HAPPY AND SAFE TIME AND WISH 2017 CAN ONLY BE A BETTER YEAR THAN THIS ONE.
HAPPY SEWING EVERYONE....



13 comments:

sunny said...

Happy New Year! I admire anyone who does Bonnie's mystery quilt, and you're actually up to date?? That is amazing. Can't wait to see the final reveal. I haven't attempted one, because while I do like them, they're just a little too busy for me. And I know I could never keep up with the clues. LOL!

Mari said...

Wow, yours will be a wonderful quilt. Happy 2017!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Happy New Year Jo! I've spent the better part of my quiet day cleaning out computer files, rearranging photo files and updating my blog a bit so it's fun for me to see you sewing! You'll have to let me know if the birds take to your scraps as they did with mine!

Vireya said...

Happy new year!

Your mystery units are looking good. I had some of that "cutting board" green fabric. Bits of it have gone into several previous quilts, but sadly there's none left, so none in my En Provence.

elliek said...

Love your mystery quilt Jo. Hope that 2017 brings you health and happiness. I at least got a grandie from 2016 so it was a good year.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Well done on keeping up-to-date...like your colour combo...Happy New Year, may 2017 be a great one!

Sheila said...

Good for you keeping up with Bonnies QAL, I thought about doing it but knew I have too much already on the go . Happy New Year to you and your family and all the best for 2017 !

kiwikid said...

Well done for keeping up with the mystery quilt! Happy New Year to you and yours, hope the new job goes well and that you are very settled and happy in your new home. Love the bird feeder idea.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Happy new year Jo. Your sewing is always amazing x

Daffycat said...

I found your blog following the link on Bonnie's blog! Your slivers of scraps are called ORTs and I host a Totally Useless stitch-a-long where we show off our ORTs every month, lol! Come visit and join us!
http://itsdaffycat.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

Way to go on keeping up. I was doing good until the kids came with my 18 month old grandson! LOL

Linda said...

Well done on the Bonnie quilt front. I am very impressed! Love the orderly way in which you work. Saw your link on Bonnie's post too. I looked especially for it, quite exciting to "know" someone who is doing the Bonnie Mystery!

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Great work!