All the scraps thrown on the floor until I'm finished..
My log cabins are growing
Oops, I went to cut them to size @ 10.5" but when I put the ruler on them I realised I still needed to add another round.
I have been unwell again this weekend so the finish is not going to happen for a few more days...
So I'll just have to read along with those that did sew this weekend
There was a group of 7 or 8 of us the other night. We got the kids fabric out. Started cutting, sewing and ironing... There were so many different fabrics we decided to cut them into 6.5" squares and just make I spy quilts.
Then on the following Saturday about 6 of us got together and finished 14 tops..
The girls ones are already webbed together..
Spreading all the strips out to get the fabrics mixed up.
Strips are made and now to be sewn..
We have bought polar fleece to go as the backing. These will be put together "bagging" style as it is quick and no binding is needed. A small amount of quilting will be done.
We are making these and passing them on to the police department. They then get given to all the children as they are removed from their homes, for so many reasons, and put into foster homes. They will have their own cuddle blanket.. They measure about 42" wide and between 48-56" long.
With other ones donated I think we have about 20 to hand over...
Thanks to all my friends checking up on me.
I was back at work this week and am totally exhausted.
I'd come home, take my brothers dog for a walk, eat tea, sit for a while then bed.
I am dog sitting for 2 weeks while my brother and hubby are away 4 wheel driving/camping through the Simpson Desert.
Friday night saw me finish off a few Dear Jane blocks that needed some hand appliqué.
The blocks for March were... F6, G10, A12 & D3.
Aprils blocks are I4, L7, K13 & B9.
I have decided not to trim them back to the 5". I think I am going to do QAYG and join them with the 1/2" sashings. This might help me to get it done.
For the past week I have been dressed in my pjs. Not eating much and drinking only water. I have been feeling terrible. Yep, the dreaded flu... Time to rest.. The only thing is I haven't even had the energy to sew until today... I finished hand quilting the border on my very special scrap quilt made by my friend, Sue...
I am doing this back to front. Yes, that means I started quilting the centre to see the design then I moved on to the border. Now the border is finished I have trimmed it and on goes the binding to protect the edge. Then I can do the centre at any time..
I sewed around the whole quilt and look how much is left. I have made diagonal seams when joining the strips but I am not worrying about here. This last seam is going to be straight. I'm not adding in extra. It's staying like this... I'm happy.
Here is the binding all machined on ready for turning. I used different leftover strips for the binding.
I think it matches well.
I am liking the way it is looking with the binding stitched down.