Saturday 15 July 2017

4th & 5th Annual Piggy Bank Savings challenge...

After such a hard year understandably I did not save many coins at all. 
I linked up last year with Val and tried to save but we kept dipping into the jar.
Not to worry this is what I ended up with.

A whole total of $43.20.

I'm sure it will buy me some little treat..
Look at these damaged coins. And the special 5c piece with a kangaroo on it.

It does say on the coin... fifty years 2016.
So that means celebrating 50 years of decimal currency in Australia.
14th February 1966

You can see what others saved and spent their money on at this post.

All I can hope for is this next year will be better.
The 5th annual challenge.
I have my pot, now to fill it.
I am leaving in some coins from this year as a strat.

Why not join in.
Go here to link up too.



7 comments:

Vireya said...

I've never seen one of those 5c with the kangaroo on. What was it for, do you know?

Hope you find something very special to spend your savings on.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Seriously that's about how much change I gather throughout the year too...as I don't shop much...but it continues to be fun to see how it adds up and we get to enjoy a quilty treat! Thanks for participating...and yes...I hope your readers join us. :) V

Linda said...

Good luck with your next year of saving coins. I have two jam jars I pop 1p and 2p coins in. When they are full I bag them up, take them to the bank and give the £s to my granddaughter. She loves that. She recently did a Mile of Pennies at Brownies in aid of the Lifeboats charity so she was able to take the current contents to Brownies.

Jocelyn said...

I'm hoping to do better this year too. I also left a bit in the piggy bank to give me a boost to start.

kiwikid said...

Is a good idea Jo, I find I use most of my change but I might give it a go.

Shauna said...

Good luck, I had to really make a mindset not to use my change, then it seemed like I stopped getting change, so I starting tossing in bills.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

HI Jo!! Sooo how did you do? Share with us this week. :)