Sunday 9 July 2017

FNWF fabric scrap clean up and sort out.

Oh Scrap.


My friend and I were recently given lots of bags of scraps. 
So I got the job of sorting them out.
This is how I'm spending my Friday night.
The girls over at FNWF are probably sewing.
Once I get this sorted then I can sew all weekend...
Oh my, what a mess!!!


Here are the scraps of kids fabrics. I should be able to get something out of this...


Sorting into piles of colours.
This took quite a while but I did get through them.
The biggest pile is the fabrics I am sorting.


This is what I spent the rest of the night doing.. 
sewing my scraps together to make blocks.
I decided to focus on kids fabrics. I want to make a few smaller quilts for charity.
The size is yet to be determined.



I joined in with Cheryll and a few others for FNWF.




14 comments:

Maria said...

That's a big job Jo but it will be great when your scraps are all sorted.
Will be interesting to see what the kids scraps became. Have fun....

Linda said...

I love sorting scraps. Wish I lived a bit nearer and I could have helped you!

Chookyblue...... said...

Goodluck sorting....

Helen said...

Wow lots of Scrap fabrics,looking forward to see the kids Scrap quilt.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Yes big job! Wonderful you are making something useful from them....looking forward to seeing your creations Jo xx

elliek said...

You always manage to come up with something wonderful no matter what you are given.

margaret said...

lots to sort there which I know will transfer into lots of makes

Binsa said...

Great job of sorting, I bag my scraps as I go....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are so good ❤️

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Fun scrap buster...

jacaranda said...

I wouldn't now where to start, but once you get into it, it can be an enjoyable challenge seeing the pile of fabrics sorted. Looking forward to seeing what you make.

Debbie said...

Wow now that's what I call sorting out...well done you. x

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I think sorting scraps is like a treasure hunt! So much oohing and ahhhing. Have fun! And thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

PaulaB quilts said...

It's a real,treasure hunt for quilters. I bet you found some real gems.