Wednesday 29 November 2017

When your away the laughs stay there.

We had an impromptu crochet lesson after dinner Saturday night.
My mum and I made these Santa faces all the time for little gifts. The kids would hand them out at school. They were given out at our clubs and functions. Everyone loves them.
We have been doing them for about 20 years...


So a few ladies wanted to learn how to make them. There really isn't any set pattern. Each one made is slightly different. You can use any yarn with matching crochet hook.
Here the group are concentrating so hard..

All you need to do is ask Sandra about Jolly Santa.
We had such a laugh..

The crochet is done and just needs embellishing.
Santa does need eyes, nose and a bell.



Here it is finished

After everyone had finished Sandra wanted to make one. I'm sure it took her 3 times as long. Santas hat was increased instead of decreased but oh the laughs.
So he is now named the Jolly Santa...

6 comments:

Linda said...

Love your Jolly Santas. Laughter is the best medicine!

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh yeh..... They are super cute......

Maria said...

Oh they're gorgeous!
Sew good to have a good laugh 😂...

kiwikid said...

Very nice Jo, good to hear the group had a great time and laughs.

Mia said...

What a beautiful Santa!!!!!!!! I am glad you had a great time, my friend.

Linda said...

GD and I decorated our tree this afternoon and the lovely stitched ornaments you gifted me are once more in pride of place hanging from the branches. Including a Santa just like the ones in this post. I've told Annalise I'll see if I can figure out how to make one. I'll keep you posted!