Saturday 20 January 2018

An Aussie Hero thankyou.

This is the reason I make and send off these quilts.

Dear Jo, 
Wow, the words 'thank you' just don't seem nearly enough. 

On opening the box today I felt so honoured and very blessed to have received such an amazing quilt and laundry bag. It is everything I could have hoped for and more. I absolutely love it and will treasure it forever. I cannot wait to take them home to show my husband and children. I Skyped home straight away to show them, because I was so excited. I have also shown all of my colleagues. I am working with a number of people from other nations, who were all amazed and some even quite envious. :)

Thank you also for the gorgeous handmade Christmas decoration, which I look forward to proudly displaying back home on the tree next year. This year though I will place it above my bed, while I will use the others to decorate my office. Thanks also for the fantails I will enjoy them as will my work buddies, and we will also enjoy guessing the celebrity too. 

Thank you for making these amazing quilts and laundry bags for those of us lucky enough to be serving our country. Words can not express our gratitude and how much it means. Your son would be very proud. 

Yes you not only brightened my day, but my week and my month. I also love the photo on the card. It did bring a smile to my face. There is also a drive on the way to Dubbo from Canberra where there is this kind of paddock art,  and it is really a lot of fun. What a great idea to turn it into a card.

I wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic 
2018. Mine will be very different this year, maybe there will be snow. 

Thank you again, from a very happy and proud owner of an amazing hero quilt. You are a very clever lady. 

Warmest regards, 
Nadine




We are the ones to thank all our service men and women.

9 comments:

dq said...

Yay, Yay, Yay! It is my pattern! I am so excited that a wonderful service woman received it! This really made my day as well as yours!

kiwikid said...

Wonderful thank you Jo and how special to get photos. Well done.

elliek said...

Beautiful Jo. The quilt is stunning and I know that you would make the quilts without getting any thanks, but what an amazing letter. I’m sure you will treasure it.

Vireya said...

That's a very happy smile!

Susie H said...

Our service folk are so deserving. Fantastic work you're doing!

Maria said...

A lovely post Jo..

marina said...

You’re amazing Jo, and so generous. Great to receive such an appreciative letter.

Linda said...

Yes, I can see why you derive such pleasure from making the Aussie Hero Quilts when you receive such delightful heartfelt thank you letters. More power to your elbow, Jo!

Chookyblue...... said...

how very special..........